Sunday, October 7, 2007

Babies R Us

This afternoon Ryan and I went to Babies R Us to register for stuff for Baby McLane. Our trip did not start out the best. The ladies at the registering desk demanded to know a due date for our baby. I tried to explain as politely as I could that we were adopting and are not really sure when the due date will be. I asked them to put down a date of their choice so we could continue. She handed us the scanning gun and we went on our way. About twenty minutes later I was paged to go to the registering desk right away. So we walked over there and again they demanded to know the due date. This was a little irritating to me since I had already filled out the registering application marking the adoption box and had explained our situation. They ended up putting a date that was 9 months out since that was as far out as they could go.

Ryan and I had fun scanning things and looking through the store. It took us almost 2 hours to walk through the whole store. The clothes were the last section to add items to your registry. Since we don't know what baby McLane will be we skipped most of the clothes section. Ryan and I were impressed on how much baby stuff was all in one place. We plan to update the registry with boy stuff or girl stuff as soon as we know more about Baby McLane.

No comments: