Thursday, November 8, 2007

6 Days Old!

Ryan and I just got home from the hospital visiting Landon. Tonight he looked great!!! His belly has returned to a normal size and he is only on a few monitors. He weighs 6lbs 11oz right now and did not need to sun bathe today. We were able to hold him, talk to him and rock him tonight. It was such a wonderful visit with him and I love holding him. He started to get a little fussy tonight but not that bad since he has not eaten in days. It was kinda nice to hear him really cry for the first time. He makes sure to tell everyone when his diaper needs changed. While I was holding him I could feel his little tummy growl. It will still be a while before he can eat but luckily he is being a good sport about it. He was awake for a lot of our visit so we were able to see his beautiful blue eyes. The nurse he had tonight has been the best so far. She was gentle with him and made sure he was always as comfortable as possible. I am not sure how early babies smile but we are almost positive we saw Landon smile tonight.

Landon is scheduled for surgery sometime Tuesday Nov 13. Last night we were able to talk with the surgeon and learned the surgery will take about 3 hours from start to finish. We are waiting to learn the time of the surgery but I will be sure to update again when we know more. As of right now Landon is strong enough to handle the best surgical option. He should only need one surgery to fix his bowel problems. They estimate he will need to be in the hospital a week after his surgery but all of that depends on how well he does. Right now as ask for more prayers that Landon will continue to be strong enough for surgery and that the surgeons will be able to fix his bowel problems. We also want to thank all of our friends and family for your support so far. We love all of you!

3 comments:

gleefulgirl said...

He is soooooo beautiful! & handsome - and I think he looks like Ryan. :)
I love you guys!
And we are praying for Landon, along with a small army. :)
God has big plans for this little one, I know it.

jamieleighcall said...

He is beautiful, Brooke! It sounds like he has been a fighter from day one and I'm sure he will pull through just fine. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, especially next week during his surgery! Love, Jamie and crew

Melissa said...

Just wanted you to know that I am staying updated through Gina and your blog. My husband and I are praying for you and Landon through this time.