Yesterday I went to the doctors for THREE hours. I could not eat breakfast so I was pretty hungry by the time my appointment was over. My doctor's office is almost always running behind so I had to wait and wait. A complete physical was part of our homework given to us by our clinician. So, my doctor asked several medical questions about my family, previous illnesses, surgeries and what medications that I take. Next came a TB test. The nurse inserted a needle in my arm just under the skin and gave me a little shot. I have to go back for a quick check up in three days. I also had to have some blood work to check my cholesterol and for some other stuff(they will mail a copy of the results to me so I will find out what they checked for then). Oh and I had to have a U/A to check for drugs and alcohol. Ryan has his appointment later this week for the exact same thing. Our doctors each have a questionnaire that needs to be completed and mailed back to our adoption agency. Our clinician told us that a physical is needed to make sure we are healthy enough to raise a child and make sure that there are not any major medical conditions that could cause the child to be neglected.
We are still working on our 120 question questionnaires. But as soon as those and the questionnaires from our friends and family are completed we will be officially starting our home study process. Yeah!!
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment